A unique conversation with interventional cardiologist Dr. Brittany Fuller, of Henry Ford Health System, to kick off National Heart Health Awareness month.
- Cardiovascular diseases kill nearly 50,000 Black women annually.
- Of Black women ages 20 and older, 49 percent have heart diseases.
- Only 1 in 5 Black women believes she is personally at risk.
- Only 58% of Black women are aware of the signs and symptoms of a heart attack.
- Only 36% of Black women know that heart disease is their greatest health risk.
Please submit specific questions for Dr. Fuller to firstname.lastname@example.org – if you’d like your question(s) to be asked anonymously, please note so in your email and we will protect your privacy. Please note that our UBMA Health talks are not recorded, and we provide a safe and healthy space for mothers and women to come together for necessary community conversations that serve to protect our health and wellness. We deserve to Be Well.
Please RSVP below and zoom link will be provided to you via email 48 hours prior to event.